Hosting a party can be done so in a safe, and responsible manner. Included are some tips on being a smart party guest, community member and host. This information is originally derived from a campaign awarded to the Mansfield Campus-Community Partnership (MCCP) and funded under the Connecticut Healthy Campus Initiative by the Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services.
- Improve safe party-hosting skills
- Increase safe alcohol-use knowledge
- Reduce negative consequences of alcohol use
- Develop a community culture that practices safe party norms
- Foster a peer norm that engages safe alcohol-use behavior
- Establish communication channels between students, property managers and law enforcement personnel to maintain an on-going dialogue on party-hosting and alcohol-use safety
- Build an alliance involving students, student services, property management, law enforcement and the Town of Mansfield to improve community health and safety.