Checklist for taking an extended break from your rental:
- Remove ALL trash
- Clean out perishable items from your fridge & countertops
- Close curtains and have all windows and doors locked
- Move beds, couches and other flammable objects away from heat sources
- Unplug electronics - save a few bucks on your next bill!
- Take your valuables with you
- Set your thermostat to a temperature no lower than 55 degrees, or speak with your landlord about an appropriate temperature. Pipes can freeze if they are too cold!
- Plan ahead for your precious pets and plants!
- Remove laundry from the washer/dryer
- Remove dishes from sink or dishwasher
Have a safe and relaxing break!
Let your landlord or property manager know you are leaving so they can check on the property or make repairs while you are away.