Thank you for visiting our site and for your interest in the Campus-Community Partnership.
The Community-Campus Partnership is currently reviewing the committees structure and purpose. As a result, there are no active committee meetings scheduled.
The Partnership has been active through a workshop series which has provided an excellent forum to share information with Town Officials, Property Managers, Committee Members and other Community Leaders.
It is our hope to redefine the Partnership in 2016, so please stay tuned for more information.
The mission of the Community-Campus Partnership is a collaborative, ongoing partnership between Mansfield residents, students and the University of Connecticut to improve the quality of life for all members of the community. Currently the group is developing short term strategies and long term goals for the partnership. The Community-Campus Partnership has continued under UConn President Susan Herbst and is currently chaired by John Armstrong, Director of Off-Campus Student Services (UConn).
- To foster a culture of involvement on campus and within the greater Mansfield Community.
- To reduce irresponsible behavior for part-time and full-time Mansfield residents.
- To develop collaborative approaches to work with property owners and area businesses to ensure responsible practices.
- To assist and support students in becoming integrated members of the Mansfield community.
- To increase awareness of and participation in the Partnership.
- To facilitate open, ongoing discussions on community issues.
- To serve as an advisory group on town and university initiatives.